The combination of fish and banana may seem rather strange,
but they go together very well. I have used lime juice with the banana but if you prefer you could use lemon instead.
2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz sole fillets
1-2 tablespoons flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup butter
1 medium banana, sliced thickly
(remark: oh no, more than that... 2 and a half?)
1 lime, halved lengthways
salt and pepper to taste
chopped parsley to garnish
1. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the sole into wide strips across the width of the fillet.
3. Coat with the flour, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs and cheese. If necessary repeat the procedure
to coat the fish completely.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the fish and fry for about 8 minutes, turning once, until golden. Transfer
to a warmed serving plate and keep warm.
5. If necessary add a little more butter to the pan, then fry the banana until golden.
6. Squeeze the juice from one lime half and stir into the pan. Pour over the fish.
7. Cut the other lime half into 2 wedges. Sprinkle the sole with chopped parsley and serve on warmed plates, with
Preperation: 15 minutes.
Cooking: about 8 minutes.
Freezing: not recommended.
Remarks: a) Do not add too much butter with the banana; b) Do not cover.