Trivia Test Answers
|1. What do S.E. Hinton's initials stand for? Susan Eloise
2. What technique did Francis Coppola employ on the movie set
to encourage conflict between the Soc actors and the Greaser actors?
Coppola gave the actors who played greasers crappy,
bad copies of the script and poor dressing rooms, hotel rooms, etc. and he gave the soc actors nice copies of the
script, as well as nice rooms and such to create real tension between them.
3. What is the name of Francis Coppola's nephew who has a cameo
role in the movie? Nicolas Coppola (changed his
name to Nicolas Cage)
4. What is Ponyboy's middle name? Michael. Ponyboy Michael
5. What is Cherry's real name? Sherry, but she is called Cherry because of her bright red hair.
6. What cameo role did S.E. Hinton play in the movie? She played the nurse who asks Dally where his robe is.
7. What actor from the movie also stars in two other movie adaptions
of S.E. Hinton novels? Matt Dillon starred in The Outsiders, Tex and Rumble Fish. Emilio Estevez appeared in That
Was Then, This is Now and Diane Lane starred in Rumble Fish but
Matt Dillon was the only actor from The Outsiders to star in all three movies.
8. Who's real life high school letter jacket did the Soc who
fights Darry wear? S.E. Hinton's
9. Who did actor Rodney Harvey portray and what did he die of
and when? Rodney Harvey portrayed Sodapop in the
TV series. He died April 11th, 1998 of a drug overdose.
10. Which actor from the TV Series went on to star in 'Scream'
and is engaged to Courtney Cox? David Arquette protrayed the character Two-Bit in the TV Series and later
went on to star in the 'Scream' movies.
11. Which actor from the TV Series went on to be nominated several
times for Oscars for his movie 'Sling Blade'? Billy Bob Thornton portrayed Buck Merril
12. How old was Ralph Macchio during the filming of The Outsiders
and how old was the character he portrayed? Ralph Macchio was 21 when he made The Outsiders, portraying the
character of 16 year old Johnny
13. How old was Tom Howell during the filming of The Outsiders
and how old was the character he portrayed? Tom
Howell was 16 when he made The Outsiders, portraying the character of 14 year old Ponyboy.
14. Where can you buy a copy of the soundtrack to The Outsiders?
You can't buy a copy of the soundtrack because
no soundtrack album for the movie was ever released.
15. What year was The Outsiders set in? 1966
16. What city was The Outsiders set and filmed in? Tulsa, Oklahoma
17. In the novel Ponyboy remembers Soda's old pet horse, what
was the horse's name? Mickey Mouse.
18. Who is the author of the poem 'Stay Gold' that Ponyboy quotes
for Johnny? Robert Frost
19. What actor is Ponyboy thinking of when he exits the movie
theater in the opening chapter of the book? Paul Newman
20. What is the name of Soda's girlfriend in the book? Sandy
21. How did the Curtis' parents die? In a car accident. Apparently
the car was hit by a train, but this is only the movie's version of it, all that's really known is that they were
killed in some form of car accident.
22. What is the breakfast of choice at the Curtis home? Chocolate cake and beer.
23. In the movie, who is Two-Bit's favorite cartoon character?
24. What is the name of the character in the TV Series who became
like the character of Johnny in the movie and book? A
young girl named Scout who becomes Ponyboy's best friend.
25. What is Tim Shepard's kid brother's name? Curly.
26. What is Lief Garrett best known for? His short lived musical
career in the '70s and early '80s
27. In the movie, how many scenes do we see Buck Merril in? One.
28. What color is Dally's hair supposed to be in the book? "So blond
it was almost white."
30. What gas station do Soda and Steve work at? What are
their specialties? The
boys work at a DX. Soda does gas (attracting girls) and Steve does car repairs (to attract people with broken cars).
31. About how old was Patrick Swayze when The Outsiders was
filmed? Patrick Swayze was about 30 when he made The Outsiders, portraying the character of Darry
who has just finished high school and is about 19.
32. What other books is S.E. Hinton well known for? That Was Then, This is Now, Tex, and Rumble Fish.
33. Define 'tuff' and 'tough' according to Ponyboy 'tuff' means cool, sharp, like a tuff looking Mustang or a tuff record. 'tough' means the
same as rough. Both are compliments among the greasers.
34. What kind of cars do Socs drive? Mustangs
35. What are Ponyboy's birthday and sign? July
36. What are Soda's birthday and sign? October 8th, Libra
37. What are Darry's birthday and sign? January 5th, Capricorn
38. What are Two-Bit's birthday and sign? June
39. What are Steve's birthday and sign? April
40. What are Tim's birthday and sign? November 5th, Scorpio
41. What are Cherry's birthday and sign? March 8th, Pisces
42. What are Marcia's birthday and sign? May 24th, Gemini
43. What are Scout's birthday and sign? October 30th, Scorpio
44. What are Randy's birthday and sign? February 10th, Aquarius
45. What novel does Ponyboy read to Johnny in the church
hideout? Gone With the Wind