The Attic
CLICK HERE FOR
Today's Posts

Go Back   Coffeerooms > Current Events > Politics

Old Posted 1.5.12, 1:32 AM
Catstrack

Bandersnatch
Post Romney wins by 8 votes

What a night! I never guessed it would be this close with Santorum, but I'll give props to Santorum for doing as well as he did.

What's really interesting is that the one who spend the most in Iowa (Romney) almost lost to the one who spent the least (Santorum). It'll be interesting to see what happens in New Hampshire...since Newt says he's going on the attack against Romney.

Looks like Michelle is out, but Rick isn't cashing in yet.

I don't think that McCain's endoresement of Romney will tread much water overall, since McCain is not exactly the darling of the mass conservatives, but who knows.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-wins-io...184700456.html
Bare Necessities SmartBargains.com
Old Posted 1.5.12, 2:00 AM in reply to Catstrack's post "Romney wins by 8 votes"
jolau

Bandersnatch
Re: Romney wins by 8 votes

Shhh ... !!!

Michelle and Rick are going on a prayer break with Herman.....
Old Posted 1.5.12, 11:04 AM in reply to jolau's post "Re: Romney wins by 8 votes"
mtj

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Romney wins by 8 votes

Considering the support from the freakishly weird (Duggars)
I wouldn't even walk by a voting booth with Santorum's name on the ballot.
Old Posted 1.5.12, 9:44 PM in reply to Catstrack's post "Romney wins by 8 votes"
jolau

Bandersnatch

When I get my ballot, can I use the pen they give me to fill inn the arrow to cross his name out?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/05/op...%3Fhpt%3Dhp_c2
Old Posted 1.8.12, 2:26 AM in reply to jolau's post "Re: Romney wins by 8 votes"
Catstrack

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Romney wins by 8 votes

Some of Santorum's views come way too close to saying a theocracy form of govt. would be best for this country.

He's pandering to the Tea Party as is Rick Perry, who said...in tonight's debate brought up the notion that the current administration is waging a war on Christianity.

Which is ridiculous, but gets the attention of those who believe it. Anyone can pray to whom ever, anytime they want to privately, therefore... in a free society perhaps it's not the best idea to make any religion ANY priority one otherwise the whole idea of religious freedom is moot.
Old Posted 1.8.12, 4:19 PM in reply to Catstrack's post "Romney wins by 8 votes"
jolau

Bandersnatch

Their idea of religious tolerance is not blowing up mosques or synagogues and not much else. They can still be discriminated against elsewhere, like when it comes to housing, employment, etc.

Much like their view on racism. Some churches in this country still don't allow interracial marriages for example.