Relationships
The Attic
CLICK HERE FOR
Today's Posts

Go Back   Coffeerooms > Current Events > Politics

Old Posted 12.15.11, 1:54 AM
jolau

Bandersnatch
Post Where are the "small government" types on this one?

Where are you when it comes to the government determining who is a terrorist that should be locked away forever, and who isn't? Let alone things like the government interfering in what a woman does to her own uterus? Or what a Muslim family does in the privacy of their own homes?
Where are you when it comes to "too much government regulation" asides from those regulations you think "interfere" with how a corporation "properly" runs itself?

And yes, I'm holding Democrats and Republicans responsible for this. And if he signs this, I WILL include Obama. (He'll still get my vote since the alternative is even more distasteful)

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/...-u-s-soil.html
Bare Necessities SmartBargains.com
Old Posted 12.16.11, 3:16 AM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
Catstrack

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Where are the "small government" types on this one?

Herein is the rub in all this... how long should the govt detain persons in prison who may be terrorists, but never gives them a chance at either some sort of trial or tribunal and have the outcome decide who should be locked away for no determined amount of time?

Also, I do see a turning of the tide these towards MORE govt intervention as to women's issues and some wanting to have the govt intercede and remove rights already established as to giving a woman her right to decide.

The Muslim thing... I found it interesting that Lowe's pulled their ads from the TLC show about American Muslim's living in Dearborn, MI...after a Florida Christian church said they would boycott Lowe's if they didn't pull their ads... and they did.

What does this really say about America? Do WE NEVER LEARN anything??? Step back in time... once it was all about the Irish immigrants, the Jews, "the Negros", Asian American citizens during WW2, the Mexicans (still on going)..,.the Gays (still on going) and now those who are Muslim.

IMHO...this is always a very bad trend for America when some find the flavor of the day (race, national origin, or religion) are still targets!!

IF anyone REALLY believes was founded on the ideals that America is a haven free from persecution for all people as long as they abide by the laws of the land ...then we should ALL be sticking up for every individual who complies.

Right???
Old Posted 12.16.11, 3:37 PM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
jolau

Bandersnatch
Re: Where are the "small government" types on this one?

Especially when people claim the Tea Party are "strict constitutionalists" or have given up wealth for my freedom. Given their tract record and as an Asian/hispanic that knows of what they did in history, I think not.
I think when they talk about "small government" when it comes to guns, taxes, and business regulations, but nothing else, their actual belief in "small government" is probably a load of BS.

I find it strange that Lowes has to listen to some church in Florida because they were sponsoring a TV show that has Muslims not plotting the death of America or Israel, but OWS can be ignored.

It's all about this fear they have that Muslims are here to conquer.
Religious freedom isn't just about allowing someone to build a mosque, it's about allowing them to practice as they see fit. If there is some practice Sharia Muslims do that is otherwise illegal, it's still not our place to intrude. If a Muslim isn't concenting to certain practices and it is illegal in this country, my advice is, if they know where the door is and they know where the phone is, my advice to them is call the cops and leave. If they fear their family will disown them if they don't submit, then that is the risk they will have to take. It is their decision to make, not mine.
The victims are the ones that have to gather the strength to do the right thing. We can encourage them to leave an abusive situation and offer support, but again, it is still their decision to make.
The only other people that has the responsibility to inform the authorities are medical professionals, as with any other case of domestic violence.
Old Posted 12.17.11, 1:36 AM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
jolau

Bandersnatch

Government now officially bigger.
Where are those "Small Government" types?

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/d...se-bill-tk.php
Old Posted 12.18.11, 2:11 AM in reply to jolau's post "Re: Where are the "small government"..."
Catstrack

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Where are the "small government" types on this one?

True and also... to those who say they want a smaller government and those on the "right" (Rush, etc.) who also say that the federal govt does not create jobs...

ask the 2.65+ or so, million people who are employeed by the federal govt. Civil servants who work in support of the military, the postal workers, and in other capacities.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fed...ers_are_t.html

Federal workers contribute to the surrounding private businesses...grocery, retail, food chains, etc.

Ask those in small town private industry how they faired when military bases have closed... San Antonio, etc... and how that helped them when a base closes.

When people work...even those federal workers...their dollars , taxes and all...go right back into the local community.

Therefore, those who say that government does not create jobs is a lie and Rush, etc. should be called out on that.
Old Posted 12.18.11, 2:51 AM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
jolau

Bandersnatch

I would think in a recession, the government's responsibility is to at least preserve as many jobs possible. Laying off government employees and teachers simply makes a matter worse. Letting go of skilled employees that will likely be hired ahead of people out of college/high school/etc.

Take the people who talk about the wonders of private education for example. With all of these former public school teachers out there looking for work, where are they going to find work as teachers if public schools aren't hiring?
You guessed it, private school.
Old Posted 1.1.12, 3:01 PM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
jolau

Bandersnatch

More on this.
http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politic...t-trial/46818/

Again I ask, where are the "Small Government" types in all of this? The NDAA went through a Republican dominated Congress then an equally divided Senate and the Tea Party says nothing.
Why?
Because they assume the NDAA applies only to Muslims and with the assumption a Republican wins the next election, possibly Occupy.
When will the "Small Government" or "Strict Constitutionalist" types wake up?
The next Ruby Ridge or Waco?

Last edited by jolau; 1.1.12 at 3:57 PM..
Old Posted 1.5.12, 4:41 PM in reply to jolau's post "Where are the "small government" types..."
jolau

Bandersnatch

More of the "Small Government" types at work.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01...ife-in-prison/