The Attic
CLICK HERE FOR
Today's Posts

Go Back   Coffeerooms > Current Events > In The News

Old Posted 10.19.08, 11:15 AM
Passionatic

Bandersnatch
Post Colin Powell endorses Obama

I watched General Powell on "Meet the Press" this morning and thought he laid out in a rational and thoughtful way why he is supporting Barack Obama. He feels that the Republican part has moved in a direction he is Not comfortable with(all the divisiveness and extreme talk). He has been a supporter of McCain for years and worked for both Bushes, but he feels the world is moving in a new direction(after all we are in the 21st century) and Obama represents a transitional change in American's place in the world. I was impressed.
Bare Necessities SmartBargains.com
Old Posted 10.19.08, 1:20 PM in reply to Passionatic's post "Colin Powell endorses Obama"
Annie
Only an expert can deal with the problem

Bandersnatch
Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

It was an impressive segment. MSNBC has the transcript online, as well as the whole show in small chunks. I think they re-air the show on MSNBC TV as well.
Old Posted 10.19.08, 3:20 PM in reply to Annie's post "Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama"
mtj
Arrogance diminishes wisdom

Bandersnatch
Post Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

I was not impressed and I am not going to elaborate on why I think Powell endorsed Obama.
I had really, really hoped that Powell would not go down this street.
But he has, and it is not a good thing.
Not a good thing at all.
Old Posted 10.19.08, 3:34 PM in reply to Annie's post "Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama"
Oda
I'd rather be rich than stupid.
Arts & Dafts
Daughter of Annie and Mike

Admin Bandersnatch
Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama

Oh good. I look forward to watching the re-air!
Old Posted 10.19.08, 11:31 PM in reply to Oda's post "Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama"
Passionatic

Bandersnatch

mtj: I dont understand why you say its not a "good" thing...General Powell is entitled to his opinion just like every other American citizen. He did not do it to get a Cabinet appointment(he said he would prefer NOT to serve in government again). He was not impressed with the VP pick of Sarah Palin, he felt that showed a lack of judgement. And when he told the story of seeing the Mother crying at the tombstone of her son being buried in Arlington Cemetary, I wanted to cry, her son was MUSLIM, and he died serving his country: the USA.
Old Posted 10.20.08, 3:48 AM in reply to Passionatic's post "Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama"
Catstrack

Bandersnatch
Post As can be expected. Dear ole Rush says Powell's endorsement is for race

Now Powell will be under attack. Maybe he's a terrorist, too...or will soon be played out to be. I bet him, Obama and Ayers have a cache of WMDs hidden somewhere and building a secret army.

J/K about that, but not kidding that Powell has opened up himself for the same kind of baseless attacks that only happens when the party opponent thinks they are losing.

Not saying that anyone on this board is, but racism has been a part of the equation since the get-go...and so is the bubba vote (those who say they might, but really won't vote at the ballot box for anyone not white)

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...gh-implie.html
Old Posted 10.20.08, 12:26 PM in reply to Catstrack's post "As can be expected. Dear ole Rush says..."
reines

Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtj View Post
I was not impressed and I am not going to elaborate on why I think Powell endorsed Obama.
I had really, really hoped that Powell would not go down this street.
But he has, and it is not a good thing.
Not a good thing at all.
Why isn't it a good thing? Would you be saying that if he had endorsed Mccain?
I hope you aren't thinking that he only endorsed Obama because of race. That seems pretty insulting to Powell, IMO. If you listen to what he said.......you get a pretty good idea of why he did what he did.
It's interesting that (and I don't mean you, mtj, but other Republicans I've heard on the media) so many on the right are immediately focusing on racism as the reason for Powell's endorsement.......yet refusing to acknowledge or comment on what Powell actually said first.